At Leapfrog, our mission is to be a role model technology company. We want to be trusted partners, world-class engineers, and creative innovators for our clients. We have built awesome software that puts data into action. Our team specializes in data-driven digital products that helping businesses transform and capture new markets.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our dream team. This position offers you an excellent opportunity to engage in research of all things data.
- Should have strong knowledge on all stages of the software life cycle process: planning, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Understanding business requirements and technical documents
- Translate design into a functional unit.
- Follow robust coding standards during development
- Write analytical queries based on business requirements
- Database schema design especially for analytical databases and data warehouse based on requirements
- Database Query Optimization, maintain ETL workflows and SQL scripts for data transformation and analysis
- Active participation in project level discussion/meeting.
- Prepare technical/flow diagram.
- Prepare documentation of the changes or legacy code base.
- At least 2 years of experience in Software Development using Relational Databases & SQL (PL/SQL, T-SQL is preferred)
- Strong knowledge of OLTP and OLAP database design, best practices and database architecture
- Well familiar with Data Warehouse Design, Data Analysis and writing analytical queries
- Strong computing foundation and fundamentals
- Must have hands-on experience in bulk loading, data cleansing, functions, stored procedures, triggers etc
- Experience working with VCS such as GIT
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel
- Must be familiar with Database Administration
- Familiarity with Shell, Python or R
- Knowledge of Power BI, Tableau and any other visualization tools
- Experience with Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Familiarity with basic Linux commands
- Familiarity with ETL automation tools like Pentaho DI, SSIS, AirFlow etc
- Good command in spoken and written communication (in English)
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Experience of working in a SCRUM/Agile team would be added value