At Leapfrog, our mission is to be a role model technology company. We want to be trusted partners, world-class engineers, and creative innovators for our clients. We have built excellent software products across various verticals and take pride in our craftsmanship that has produced more significant results in the software industry and the overall ecosystem.
As a Project Manager, you will closely work with our engineers to develop a plan and execute project deliverables. You will understand the business acumen and be able to break down complex problems into steps that drive product development. You will develop a better outlook for eliciting product requirement throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, scheduling, assessing risks. Most importantly, you’ll keep all the stakeholders informed and happy. You will be part of a learning culture where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
- Lead and manage medium complexity projects through the entire software development lifecycle independently
- Develop and/or review estimates and assumptions for the project’s schedule, effort, and cost using established guidelines and best practices.
- Determine the project process, resource requirements, team roles and responsibilities, and schedule. Customize the project process depending on circumstances.
- Responsible for requirement building, change management, backlog prioritization, sprint planning, release, daily standups, reviews, and overall execution.
- Anticipate business demands and take initiatives to develop software that aligns to the business requirements.
- Participate in the development and review of project artifacts including technical requirements, user experience design, architecture, testing, and implementation documentation
- Ensure proper monitoring and periodic project health check (code quality, project quality, security, resource dependencies etc.) of assigned projects.
- Responsible for maintaining quality assurance and control in accordance to project requirements.
- Responsible for establishing clear ownership of project tasks, ensuring every team member has the required tool & support needed and providing timely feedback.
- Set clear expectations, provide needed autonomy to team members, timely track and monitor the progress and give recognition for results.
- Encourage, motivate and coordinate all team members for a synergetic result. Ensure good culture with the team.
- Help in resource allocation across the project and invest time and effort to develop talent.
- Provide timely, accurate and unbiased feedback to team members and senior management on both improvement areas and remarkable achievements/contributions.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to small scale projects with no PM or Associate PM.
- Responsible for soft skills development of team members.
- Report to Senior Management on project status
- IT, Engineering or MBA Graduate with at least 2 years of experience on Project Management tools and procedures. (minimum 1-year experience on PM if the previous background on software development)
- Demonstrable experience of handling medium complexity projects
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills – both English and Nepali. Fluent with client communication.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Agile development methodologies.
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to analyze the available data and make decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- PMP/Scrum certification is a plus
- Project skills – ability to understand product vision and empathize with the client business; ability to plan resources and schedules; ability to plan and implement change management; ability to negotiate tactfully with the client and team;
- People skills – ability to supervise, delegate & empower team members; ability to persuade, motivate, inspire and mentor team members; ability to provide direct and candid feedback to team members on their performance; demonstrable experience of people development; ability to identify and recruit people suitable for the organization