At Leapfrog, our mission is to be a role model technology company. We want to be trusted partners, world-class engineers, and creative innovators for our clients. Our team specializes in data-driven digital products that helping businesses transform and capture new markets.
We are currently looking for an RoR Software Engineer. This position offers you an opportunity for developing applications using RoR and supporting technologies. You will gain real-world experience working as a member of one of our development teams.
- Analysis, design, development, deployment, and maintenance of projects with minimal supervision
- Write modular, reusable and excellent quality code through TDD, code reviews and implementation of best practices.
- Develop RESTful APIs as needed.
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Share knowledge within the team and actively participate in the code review process.
- Follow the company’s coding standards, policies, processes, and working culture
- Write deployment scripts using Capistrano/chef collaborating with DevOps team. Deploy apps to platforms like Heroku/Engineyard/Amazon EC2
- Communicate new ideas, issues, status and outcomes with supervisor/team and with clients as necessary
- Continuous research and learning; discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Graduate in Computer Engineering or similar IT background or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience in RoR.
- Good Knowledge of programming principles (OOP, SOLID, Cohesion, Coupling, Encapsulation)
- Good knowledge of Ruby on Rails and related technologies
- Very good knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Good Knowledge of web services, RESTful architecture and data formats like XML/JSON
- Good knowledge of server configuration, web application deployments, and deployment automation; concepts of Amazon Web Services(EC2, S3, RDS, SES)
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of agile development methodologies(Scrum/Kanban).
- Team player