Leapfrog is conducting its first-ever Microsoft Power Platform internship. During this 6-week internship, the interns will be working on Microsoft Power Platform— a platform with low code tools to maintain agile processes and build powerful business applications. The interns will also learn how to develop virtual agents, analyze data, build solutions, and automate processes.
We’re seeking people who are passionate about working with Microsoft technologies. You will obtain essential intermediate Microsoft Power Platform training from highly skilled and certified professionals. Get hands-on experience by getting to work on live projects at Leapfrog.
What you will learn in this internship:
- Understand Power Platform from a holistic point of view
- Learn how to automate essential business processes with Power Automate
- Create a Power BI dashboard
- Create powerful chatbots with Power Virtual Agents
We have compiled a list of questions regarding the internship and addressed them here. Read on to know more about this opportunity.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Timing: Full-time, 9 am – 6 pm
- Number of interns: 10
- Application deadline – Aug 26, 2021
What are the qualifications and minimum requirements?
To be eligible for the internship, candidates must fulfill the following requirements.
- Minimum requirements:
- Candidates must be able to work 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday for six weeks
- This position is only available for Nepali citizens.
- Candidates should not be working professionally elsewhere.
- Candidates are encouraged to attach their work along with their resumes.
- SQL and Database design and modeling knowledge
- Should be solution-oriented to solve problems by either coding or using low-code and no-code alternatives
- Preferred requirements:
- Preferred education: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, BCIS, BIM, BCA, BIT, or similar.
- No previous experience is required. Beginners are highly encouraged to apply for the position.
- Candidates must be willing to work with Leapfrog after the completion of the internship.
- Please make sure your classes and exam time do not clash with the Internship duration.
When is the deadline for the applications?
All the applications must be submitted by August 26, 2021. Candidates who have been shortlisted will be invited to take a written test to assess their creative, technical, and analytical abilities.
Note: Dates are subjected to change. Applicants will be notified beforehand.
What is the screening process like?
We have a four-step application/screening process.
- Apply for this internship through our website
- Initial screening questions by our TA team
- An assessment to test your skills/level
- Final F2F interview with our senior staff members.
For more information regarding our screening process, please visit our internship website.
How should I apply?
Please send your application through the PowerPlatform internship opening page on our website by 26th August 2021. Also, feel free to attach your work or portfolio if you have one.
Will I be eligible if I have previous experience in different fields?
Yes, applicants with previous experience in other fields are encouraged to apply, as long as the candidates meet the minimum requirements.
Are there any course outlines that you could provide regarding what we will learn?
We will provide the internship outline to selected candidates before starting the internship.
What type of projects will I be working on?
As a part of this internship, candidates will be assigned to various real-time projects. More information will be disclosed during the internship.
Is it a part-time or a full-time internship?
It’s a full-time job. Interns must commit to working for six weeks, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. This internship schedule is not adjustable, and you must be able to stick to it.
Will I be paid for this internship?
Yes, all the interns will be rightly compensated.
Note: Interns do not need to pay any application fee or internship fee to the company.
What should I expect from the written examinations?
You’ll be given a basic logical problem to tackle which will require you to develop pseudocode and solve a data modeling problem.
What should I expect from the interview?
In the interview, you will be expected to demonstrate your logical reasoning skills and talk about your experiences so far.
How many positions are available for the Internship?
We are hiring 10 interns.
Can the schedule be adjusted if my college starts or have exams in the middle of my internship?
All interns must commence the internship on the stipulated date itself. Unfortunately, they cannot join in later. Hence, we prefer candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree or have at least completed their final exams.
Do I need to commute to the office every day?
Even though the program is mostly remote due to COVID-19, this is not a remote-only job. All interns should be able to work from the office when required.
Do I need my own laptop?
Yes, you should have your own laptop. Since we will be working remotely, basic remote working gear like headphones/earphones would be required.
What happens after the internship?
Deserving candidates will be hired as Associate Software Engineer – PowerPlatform. 🙂
Will I receive a training certificate?
No. But you will receive an experience letter after the completion of this internship.
Do we have to use specific tools?
PowerPlatform needs specific tools such as PowerApps Studio, PowerBI, and Visual Studio for development. We will provide the necessary license to use these platforms throughout the internship.
What kind of Project can I do as a part of the Assignment?
PowerApps are designed to help businesses address challenges. As a result, each project you work on must have a backdrop of the business problem and how your solution will enhance the business and add value to the present process.
Is it possible for me to address a business problem for a real-life firm that I am familiar with, or should it be made up?
It should be okay as long as the business challenge is rational or practical.
How can I submit the assignment?
After completing the assignment, please submit all the relevant documents by relying on the same email thread. Our senior team members will review your work and reach out to you via call or email.
What you will need to attach in the submission:
- Documentation of the business problem (PDF)
- A zip package that includes the apps you’ve created along with the dependencies (solution to your business problem)
Note: You will be trained how to package your solution properly during the internship.
If you want to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here, read some of the previous experiences of our interns.